The UK Government have announced the closure of the Thames Maritime Rescue Co-ordination Centre
The fight to saveThames Coastguard rescue coordination centre is not over. We are urgently seeking volunteers who would be interested in becoming a local liaison officer or supporters to campaign as an extension of the National Coastguard SOS Campaign in the Thames area. If you are interested in learning more please email your contact details and information to Dennis O’Connor email@example.com
If Thames Coastguard is closed what will it mean to you?
- Lives will be put in danger due to the extra time it will take to respond.
- There will be no support for the single operator working at London Coastguard
- When you call the Coastguard, you could be speaking to someone in Scotland or Southampton.
- Incidents may be coordinated from Scotland or Southampton.
- Geographical local knowledge of current staff lost. Place names that are duplicated and alternative local names will be confused leading to time delays in SAR reaction.